Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Mysterious Competition

July 25

I was in my backyard with a bunch of college students, and they were all playing with their hair and discussing lipstick and makeup and the like. Bored, I decided to go see what was in my fridge, but on my way inside the house, the crowd of girls cheered very loudly and I found my self tugged back to the crowd whilst some woman came and gave us all a speech. She said she was disappointed in our creativity, and so we would have to walk around a maze and prove that we really were serious about our work.
I rolled my eyes, but I followed her into my house, which had turned into a type of bizarre swimming pool. There was no water in the pool, yet it was still possible to walk in graceful jump like ways around objects. It seemed more of a place without gravity than without water, but that was just the dream talking. There was a small path in the middle of the water that made it possible to walk waist deep in the water, and the path split at various points, to create more paths. It was in a basic circle shape, but it was also like a maze, and we were instructed to try to get back to the beginning as quickly as possible. I walked faster than everyone else and made sure to follow the correct path and when I stopped (I had walked in a circle as I was supposed to), there were a group of girls all sitting on a bench being critiqued. I was curious that I was not critiqued as I did not remember those people being part of the original group of girls. I waited patiently, and eventually I was told to have walked to fast. I was mad, because I thought I would win because of that, but instead I had points taken off.
Right as I was about to say something however, I was transported to a table with some random teenager my own age that I did not know, and we were discussing the bar nearby. There were two guys sitting in the bar, but they were older than us and were allowed to be drinking. The random girl was saying that she just wanted to have fun for once, but I felt awkward and scared and wanted to get out of there.
As though my wish were granted, I was transported to my school, only it was suddenly night time. At this point, I was very confused about what had been happening and I just decided to sit down and wait for whatever came by. This would have been a great plan, except nothing came by, and eventually I woke up from my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment