Friday, July 2, 2010

Basements, Parades, and Other Exciting Adventures

July 2

My dream started out somewhere in the snow, where my family and I were camping. There was a nearby river that had strange murky things in it, and lots of sticks. At one point we were trying to forge it, but I'm not sure for what purpose.
Later, we were in the basement of my house, attempting to find things to do. There were some various cousins and friends also with my siblings and I, and so I was trying to prove that my house was exciting. I told them that there were many secret passages in the walls, and to prove it I proceeded to touch every slightly indented area on my way down the basement steps. Though I had really been lying about the secret passages, a few secret passages appeared during my search. I then had to pretend that I wasn't excited to explore them, since I had told everyone that I had been in them before.
A little bit later, I was returning to the normal area of the house and I saw my brother Nick packing up his backpack and attempting to sneak out of the house. It had suddenly become night. I snuck after him and saw him walk out the front door and climb into a car. I would have followed more, but I felt a hand on my shoulder and some random women was leading me to another car, and bemused by the whole experience, I followed. Soon I was riding along in the second car, though we seemed to be going in an opposite direction. Eventually it became clear that somebody was looking for my brother, and whoever it was thought that the car he was in was MY car.
Suddenly, my dream changed, leaving the random car chase experience unexplained, and I was tagging along, pretending to be part of a parade. I was collecting +1 symbols that appeared out of peoples arms when they marched, but it was somewhat difficult because I wasn't walking, but actually getting dragged along by the person in front of me. After awhile, my ride started going so fast that I slid sideways and hit a stone barrier, causing me to detach from my ride. At first I was annoyed, then embarrassed as people proceeded to laugh at me. To hide my embarrassment I jumped over to the other side of the stone barrier. Not that this was an improvement. I was now standing in water, blocking the way for a parade that involved the queen. I attempted to jump out of the way, into some strange green lily pads. Disgusted, I flailed around trying to get the water off, causing a lot of mayhem. Eventually, there was some part about counting discs or pebbles or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment