Saturday, July 31, 2010

Competitions

July 31
I was in a competition with 8 other girls my age, and we were in a theatre. We all put on silly costumes and had an acting lesson. I was wearing a very tall hat, and for some reason this led to me being ignored during the lesson. I was worried that the judges (???) would think that it implied I was not memorable, thus kicking me out of the competition. I moped about it in the car ride home, and when I got to our communal house, I put the brim of the hat over my eyes and went straight to my room. Some of the other girls went on to the patio that bordered my room and proceeded to talk about all my flaws. Embarrassed and irritated, I decided to hide under my bed so that the other girls couldn't tell I was listening. The girls paused in their cruel analysis and peered into the window to see if I was really in my room. Luckily, I was under the bed, but one girl named Nicole saw me. Later, I went to apologize to a girl named Catie for my behavior (not sure who she was or what behavior I meant, but whatever). We talked it out and decided to forgive each other, but later I heard her say she was never going to actually forgive me. Later, at judging, I was told I was very easy to forget, and so was unsuited for the competition. There was some other stuff where I pointed out other people who were also as unsuited, but I wasn't allowed to continue despite my protests.

No comments:

Post a Comment