Sunday, June 19, 2011

I Spend Too Much Time in the Theatre

June 19, 2011

First I was in a car, trying to push something heavy up a hill, but nobody was helping me. Whatever the heavy thing was, I needed to get rid of it quickly, so I borrowed someone's truck to try and ram the object up the hill, but it wasn't working at all.

Next, I was in the theatre, talking with people who were coming and going. Like all dreams, I wasn't sure how I got there or what I was doing before, but, as always, it didn't really bother my dream self. I was up in the lighting booth, talking with someone, when my employer told me the stage looked a little dim. Confused, I looked at the lighting levels and everything seemed to be in fairly normal order. I looked at the stage and realized everything looked off, so I decided to look at the actual lights and see if maybe one of them had slipped or something. When I looked at where the lights should have been, it appeared as though there was nothing but ceiling, and all the lights had disappeared, as well as the railing from which they should have hung. I went downstairs to try and find someone who could help me figure out where the lights had gone, but when I got down stairs, everyone was digging up the stage, as in literally tearing it apart. For some reason, there was also a man hanging new lights in strange areas all over the stage. I went to talk to him, to ask him which lights were acceptable to refocus for my own purposes. He sort of looked surprised and said that he needed all of them exactly where they were. I informed him that I needed to have my own lights up for the next day, because apparently it was tuesday and I needed to use them for a show on wednesday, thursday, and friday.
Somehow I ended up talking to a girl who was wandering around helping, and she informed me about changing shape and also something about driving a car. It was all a bit confusing, because it was half realistic and half magical, and I also sort of knew I was asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment