Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dreams Are Strange

June 25, 2011

There were multiple parts to my dream.

In the first part, I was in my room on my bed while a random girl was looking for some sort of letter in a pile next to my bed. She suddenly stood up, gasped, hugged me and went "Oh heather", in a very sad and sympathetic way. Confused by her embrase, I sort of awkwardly hugged her back and asked her what it was. She responded by showing me a small bag of white pills, which she had found under the letter she was looking for. I automatically knew they were drugs, specifically illegal drugs, even though they just looked like pills. I tried to tell her that they were not mine but my brother's, but she refused to listen to my pleas.

In a second part, I was wandering around in a park it seemed, jumping around and generally not getting all that much done. My brother seemed to be there with me, and we investigated a nearby building, which seemed to be some sort of gondola that was out of commission. While my brother went off to walk down a different path, I decided to try to explore the gondola, but once i got on it, it started moving without controls. Concerned, I tried to jump off, but I was restricted by a bar at about waist height. Eventually I was able to hop off, only to find that my brother was nowhere in sight. I wandered into a nearby church, hoping to find my parents or someone I knew, but the church was crowded with people eating large bagels, and I was unable to find anyone.

In the last section of my dream, my mother was measuring out dog houses, trying to determine what size she needed to buy when she next went to the store. I asked her if she needed any assistance, but she claimed she had things under control. Then, out of nowhere, she asked if I want a new phone, Surprised, I said I did, but I was unaware that we had the money for such things. She then asked if I wanted to go with her to pick out a new car, and proceeded to show me a large number of possible models we could choose from. The models that she showed me were really poorly sketched doodles on a thin sheet of cardboard, but both of us were reacting to them as though we were impressed with the models.

No comments:

Post a Comment